Monday, August 16, 2010

Exerpt from letter Jared's Grandparents received from him...

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,


Thank you for being great grandparents and thanks for having family over for dinner every Fast Sunday. I always enjoyed those dinners. It’s nice to see family every month. I’m grateful for family because sometimes I think to myself that if I didn’t have a supportive family I don’t think I would be here. So thank you. And if I wasn’t here I wouldn’t be receiving the blessing I have for serving. I look at it this way, I don’t just owe the Lord two years, I owe Him my whole life because I can’t imagine living without the Atonement. I know our Savior and our Heavenly Father love us so much, because even when we don’t need blessings, we should just be grateful alone for Him atoning for our sins, and He gives us blessings on top of that. We owe Him everything we are as a person.

I’m so grateful for this church and my family and for you Grandpa for being a good priesthood holder example and showing me how to become a great priesthood leader. And for you grandma, you are always giving and always loving everyone. Thank you.

Elder Jared Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment