Monday, March 28, 2011

We are teaching some really good people right now.  We have this girl we are teaching she is the high priest group leader's daughter in law.  Her name is Geraldine B. and we teach her husband too because he is less active.  We got him to come back to church and his wife is great, she knows everything its just a matter of time before she gets baptized.  We are hoping this Saturday.  Then we are teaching this 20 year old girl that has a brand new baby and we started teaching her and then we found out that her husband was a member but he is way less active but then we taught him with her and we had a great lesson and when church came around, the husband came to church and the ward just helped him out so much.  Dang our ward is the bomb over in Hinigaran and so that family is doing good.  We also have this one lady, her son that was 18 just got baptized and she knows its true to but she needs to get married to her husband.  They are married but then they are not.  It's weird here they don't care about marriage because if something goes wrong they can just leave but if they are married they are stuck because there is no divorce.  Also marriages cost a lot but in our church its free so a lot of people get excited about that.


So story for you guys:  its pday today and before we were going to go eat we were watching this little town basketball tournament they are having here and it was 6 of us watching, me, my comp, elder seve, elder furgeson, elder kawili (filipino just in the next area) then elder kaufusi, he is a tongan from California.  So we are just watching this game because we have a zone activity today; we're going to play volleyball on the beach.  Anyway, we're watching this game under this like big shade thing and then this old guy comes up to me trying to talking to me in broken english and I'm like "brother just illongo...lang maghumbal ka sa illongo" because i think i kind of understanded him but it was way loud because there is people around a basketball game is going on and i look at elder kaufusi and then back at the guy and I'm like did i hear what i thought i heard and then i look back at the guy and then kaufusi again and then he kisses me like right on the cheek.  I'm like wwooooooahhh big boy, but i didn't do anything I mean what could I have done?  After we left I thought what just happened I'm completely confused and we were all just laughing saying what happened?  That's my story i just got kissed by a 60 year old man 2 hours ago, huh?

That's just still way weird the big boy is home already. Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I will buy you something and bring it home, I just don't try the mail system here.  If there is something expensive in the package it just doesn't make it. Thats awesome that Parker is good at the piano, I wish i could be better but yeah i can like sound out a couple songs but that's it. Sounds fun back home though, tell Parker to serve another mission and request the philis it is amazing here. The best.

Whats wrong with grandpa? Tell him to get better!

love love love
elder heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment