Monday, April 25, 2011

This Weeks letter & last weeks...

April 18th:

Hey family,

Answers:  The weather is good though its hot season not too hot because I'm an AZ boy but the humidity is pretty ridiculous.  I eat a lot at the peoples houses that is if they are not poor and can afford it because everyone will give us food but there are only some that can actually afford it you know?  We also get a lot of snacks and the fish is ok but you know I have never been a big fish guy.  They eat a lot of eel here and its not too bad and the squid is good.


Dang it makes me miss home just knowing that all of the gang is coming back now but its way fun out here. Tell big boy jake to email me that would be fun to hear from him.

Sounds like the dance thing was a hit mom way to go! Way to go Garcia family on the talks, how is the new ward and everything?  Tell grandma B hello for me.
As for here my comp got transferred and a sad week; we didn't get anyone to church out of our investigators so that was sad and one of our less active families that we just got back to church and one of their sons friend that we were teaching died this past week in a motorcycle accident so its a sad week.  We have the funeral for the member this next Sunday.  My testimony is growing!

elder heywood

April 25th:


My new comp is awesome and yes he only has one ear but he is the nicest kid ever; he is awesome and a Filipino.  We have a lot of fun together and get a lot of work done.

So how was Easter?  Dang I miss the Easter pageant.  I miss the lake with a passion!  But my life is way fun out here though it's getting pretty warm and humid.  We have beach in our area its pretty nice but there is still some garbage on the beach.

So for the mission last week; all was good we attended the funeral for the less active 22 year old that died and we did this death walk thing where we walk behind the coffin for a mile all the way to the cemetery.  That was a cool experience and this past week was holy week and there is this big party here in this city and all that jazz.  This last Friday some guy got crucified and nailed to a cross and there were a bunch of guys that were whipping themselves so that was kinda cool but creepy.  We have this huge city square in this town and that's where the Crucifixion was and the party and there were people everywhere and you wont believe it but yes the guy that kissed me on the cheek last transfer found me again and kissed me on the hand gosh dang I hate that guy, holy crap.

We have a baptism this week Sister Roselin Dulce she is awesome she is the best and has such a great desire. She has a brand new baby. and her husband was a less active but he is coming back to church with her.  They are a great family.

That's it for the week a lot of stuff going on out here and its way fun. We have the jubilee out here for the church 50 years the church has been in the philis and we have stake conference coming soon too.

elder heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment