Monday, October 10, 2011

Manggapsang

Hey there fam,

Everything was good this week we have found a new family, there are so nice and it is cool to have a new family.  I was excited to stay here also and I got a sweet comp.  My comp is a native, he is from Tarlac its up close to Manila.  He is the man, we speak illongo to each other but he is good at English so its like 50 50.



Yes i love my hammock it is made out of bamboo its crazy what they can make here with bamboo.  

I will be sad when I leave this area and my comp.  I actually don't mind serving the rest of my mission here.  I love the people, I don't even want to think about going home either,  I know I still have a while but some of the other elders are like dang you don't have too long and when i think about that it really brings tears to my eyes.  I love these people in a way that nobody could love them.  I don't know what I'm going to do with my life without the filipino people.  Gosh you have to meet these people; they are amazing and they have changed my life for the better.  I am forever grateful for them and will be in their debt forever.  They have formed me into a person that I love and they will always be a part of me.

The Manggapsang branch is good we still struggle with people getting to church because it is so far from them but line upon line.

Wow, Chris in Newport; that kid is so spoiled.  Great that he had a good game. keep on going Chris keep on getting better; dont flat line on your skills.

My favorite talk was Elder Hales but dang, what happened to him but i loved his talk .  I loved Holland and Waddell in the priesthood session and I of course loved all of Pres. Monsons' talks.

Mom, its never "he does the same old same old" its different everyday, everyday is an adventure if you want it to be don't fall into routine switch it up every once in awhile- dr. heywood

Well, love you fam and I love this place and people.

elder heywood



No comments:

Post a Comment